Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blog post #3 - Version control.
Discussion thread for Blog post #3 - Version control
I wonder why you chose svn for assets? I know git doesn't do too well with binary files. Does svn better?

Btw, sublime merge is a lot nicer than gitk/gitg, although it's not open source.
Emperor > Zeus > Caesar III > Pharao
Hi, the main reason is that SVN is easier to use. Git can be quite complex for non programmers. But there are other good SVN features like SVN can update only specific repository subfolder, which is really handy when you need update something specific but not for example folder you are currently working with.

I use gitk because my personal approach is to use tool which are available anywhere. So I use git command line for all tasks and gitk only for fast overview.
Thanks for your devblogs. I'm closely watching your work and making russian translation of dev entries for my strategy blog.
If anyone interested to read them in russian - here they are: #1&2, #3 Blush
Делаю переводы девблога на русский язык, если кому интересно Shy
Hi, thank you for the blog translation. We are really happy that you like our game and the blog.  Blush If you want I can tweet about the translation on our twitter to reach more people.
(12-17-2019, 09:22 AM)polarski.nepos Wrote: If you want I can tweet about the translation on our twitter to reach more people.
Thanks, would be great Smile